For those who’ve been scrolling sufficient in your screens, you’ll know the way individuals have been busy cooking through the lockdown. Whereas the skilled ones check out sophisticated recipes, there’s a brand new group that has been displaying their banana bread-making abilities and it’s actually the one dish throughout our feeds. Nevertheless, there’s a lot extra that may be made with the fruit, which can also be one that’s most simply obtainable always. As meals is thought to at all times make individuals pleased, what higher time to experiment with bananas than now. Cooks in and across the metropolis, handpick among the best recipes that will help you churn out delectable dishes and drinks, which don’t want the oven.
Eggless Banana Pancakes
1nos Ripe Banana, 2tsp Baking powder, 240gm Refined flour, 2tbsp Sugar, 1tsp Salt, 1tsp Vanilla essence, cardamom powder, 2 tsp Butter, 90 ml Milk, 20 ml Water. butter.
1) In a bowl, sieve flour, baking powder and salt collectively.
2) Combine all of the substances collectively besides butter, which shall be used for cooking.
3) It ought to be a easy combination, keep away from making it lumpy.
4)Warmth a griddle pan and smear butter on it and make sure the pan shouldn’t be overheated.
5) Put a ladle of the combination and unfold evenly to cook dinner on medium flame, as one aspect is cooked, flip it
5)Prepare dinner until the pancakes are golden brown and slight crisp.
6) Serve sizzling with maple syrup.
Chef Juliano Rodrigues, Out Of The Blue
Caramelised banana with candied orange and berries
1 banana, 20gm brown sugar, 100gm orange, 10gm blueberries (can use any berries), 10gm strawberries, 400gm granulated sugar, 300ml cream, 5ml white vinegar, 150ml milk, ½ tbsp flax seed, mint for garnish, 1/2metre muslin fabric
To make candied orange:
Boil the orange slice in water for 15-20 minutes and drain the surplus water
Take a saucepan, add an equal amount of sugar and water and maintain stirring
As soon as it begins boiling, let it simmer and add the boiled slice orange and permit it to cook dinner for 45-60 minutes
Separate the orange from the liquid and maintain it for cooling, till it will get dry
As soon as it will get dry, dip the sliced orange in granulated sugarcoated from both sides and maintain it in an air-tight container.
To make ricotta:-
Take the full-fat cream, milk and maintain it to boil till it reaches 100 levels
Hold it to relaxation and permit it to chill down till it reaches 60 levels
Add the white wine vinegar and maintain it to boil
After it boils, pressure it with the assistance of muslin garments and dangle it till there is no such thing as a extra water left over.
1)Minimize the banana into half vertically.
2)Sprinkle some brown sugar on the highest of the banana and caramelise it
3)Minimize the candied orange into small items, and add it to the banana
4)With the assistance of a piping bag, put the candied ricotta on the highest of the banana.
5)Sprinkle some toasted flax seed and prepare the sliced berries on the highest of piped candid ricotta, together with mint spring
Govt Sous Chef Rajiv Das, Momo Cafe, Courtyard by Marriott, Mumbai Worldwide Airport
Banana Caramel Milkshake
1 ripe banana, 30ml caramel syrup, 25gm frappe powder, 3-Four ice cubes, 10ml cream for topping
1. Slice the banana into small items and maintain apart
2. In a mixer jar, add caramel syrup, frappe powder and the banana and mix effectively
3. Take a mason jar and pour the milkshake and add some ice cubes
4. High the milkshake with a scallop of cream and garnish it with rainbow sprinkle and caramel syrup
5. Tastes finest when served chilled.
Chef Souvik Gupta, Culinary Head, Loft Café, Viman Nagar
Gluten and Dairy-free Banana pancakes
1 1/Four cup oat flour, 1/2tsp baking powder, 1/2tsp powdered cinnamon, salt,
1 Banana, 1tbsp peanut butter, 1/2tsp vanilla extract, 2tbsp maple syrup or your selection of sweetener, half of cup Almond Milk/Non-Dairy Milk, 1 egg, Recent berries/ Chocolate chips
1. Mix the dry substances – oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt in a bowl and blend.
Observe: For chocolate pancakes, you might add 1 tbsp of cocoa powder.
2. Mix the moist substances – banana, peanut butter, egg, milk, vanilla extract and sweetener.
4. Add the moist substances into the dry and till effectively mixed and it reaches a thick batter consistency.
5. Let the batter stand coated for about 20-30 minutes.
6. Grease a nonstick pan with spray/few drops of oil and pour the batter onto the pan, to the form/measurement of the pancake that you just need. High with chocolate chips/ berries.
7. Bubbles will type on the floor, that’s when your pancakes have cooked on one aspect and are able to flip over to cook dinner on the opposite aspect.
4. Serve drizzled with maple syrup and every other toppings of your selection and dig in.
Chef Monaz Irani, founder and chef, Plate & Pint