Rising up, Jell-O was one among my favourite issues about summer season. Till, that’s, I received a bit of older (and wiser) and realized I used to be principally consuming a mouthful of chemical compounds.
After dwelling in Southeast Asia for some time, I found the proper tasty different, which I need to share with you. It is a really perfect summer season deal with, beloved by youngsters, low cost, wholesome, and insanely simple to make. With solely 4 substances (and significantly, one among them is water), you may be questioning why you ever ate Jell-O within the first place!
This dessert comprises agar-agar (additionally known as kanten), a sort of purple sea algae that’s utilized in many Asian desserts as a wholesome different to gelatin. Agar-agar is 80 % fiber and, as soon as ingested it triples to 3 occasions its measurement in your abdomen and absorbs water, which in flip, makes you are feeling full. In reality, consuming giant quantities of agar-agar is a well-liked eating regimen in Japan proper now. Simply consider this as the final word eating regimen dessert!
2 half cups of water
2 1/Four tsp of agar-agar powder (I like to make use of Phone model — you’ll find this at Asian markets or on-line at Amazon)
1/Four cup of sugar
1 can coconut milk or cream (Dealer Joe’s makes an amazing one!)
1. Mix the water, agar-agar and sugar in a saucepan and let it sit for a couple of minutes.
2. Warmth the saucepan on medium warmth, bringing substances to a boil.
3. Pour within the coconut milk or cream, stir, and switch off the warmth.
4. Pour the combination right into a sq. or rectangular pan or Pyrex dish.
5. Enable the combination to chill at room temperature for an hour, then put it within the fridge.
6. Reduce it into squares or diamond shapes and luxuriate in!
Aspect be aware: If you wish to get artistic, attempt pouring the combination into enjoyable ice dice molds.